All student-athletes and coaches that are participating in in-person team activities are required to have a negative COVID test result every 2 weeks and cannot be under a quarantine order. To fulfil this requirement, we will offer COVID testing at EAST at scheduled times. All participants need to know that participating in team activities is voluntary and by doing so you may come in contact with or contract the virus and/or be subject to quarantine. Participation is optional, testing for participants is not.
Please read the following information carefully.
- Coaches of sports that are participating will give you a scheduled time to get tested
- All in-season teams are required to test; only off-season sports participating in in-person activities will be tested
- You must come at the scheduled time to avoid crowds
- You must wear a mask and practice social distancing
- Default testing location is the Commons Area – parents can wait in the faculty lot while testing is taking place
- It is your responsibility to contact the coach – especially initially so that they know you are interested in testing to participate; coaches emails addresses can be found here
- If you cannot make the scheduled time, it is your responsibility to get tested on your own and provide documented proof of the negative result to Coach Lowe and Mr Uluave.
- You cannot participate for the 2 week period without proof of a negative test.
Prior to testing the first time, you must pre-register online and complete and bring a consent form to your first test. Please do this at least the night before your test so sheets can be printed for testing. You will not need to register for subsequent tests. (Football players who tested for the playoffs WILL need to register one more time at the link below.) Links to both are below.
- Link to test registration: https://c19.health.utah.gov/surveys/?s=3XDE77E4CK&dagid=PTI-EASTHigh
- Enter info for all required fields – double check that your email is entered correctly and that you select the option to receive results sent to that email address
- Link to: Collection Notice & Consent Form
- Print and bring a signed copy to your 1st test
Email questions to Coach Lowe at email@example.com